About Us: Service minded and mission driven, employees at Hospice Austin envision a community in which people with serious illness live their final months with comfort, dignity and peace. As one of Austin’s most beloved nonprofit organizations, employees have a reason to be proud of the work they do to serve the community.
Position: RN Case Manager
• Must be able to navigate an EMR system.
• Performs initial and ongoing nursing assessments
• Triages patient care problems
• Develops and maintains patient’s individualized plan of care
• Performs specialized nursing skills related to palliative and end-of-life care related to managing discomfort and providing symptom relief
• Consults with and educates the patient and caregiver regarding disease process, self-care techniques, end of life care, comfort measures, medication use and side effects
• Provides psychosocial support to patients and families
• Provides preparation and support for patient’s death; pronounces deaths in accordance with state regulation, provides post mortem care
• Coordinates personal care, DME, and obtaining medications and medical supplies
• Provides supervision of care provided by CNAs and LVNs and homemakers
• 1 year of Hospice experience or more
• Texas RN License
• Driver’s License
• CPR Certification
• Good Driving Record Required
• Reliable Vehicle
• Auto Insurance
• Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
• Mileage Reimbursement
• Generous PTO package
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Benefits
*All staff must complete one week of orientation in our Spicewood Location. Orientation is Monday-Friday and will be paid.