ABOUT US: Service minded and mission driven, employees at Hospice Austin envision a community in which people with serious illness live their final months with comfort, dignity, and peace. As one of Austin's most beloved nonprofit organizations, employees have a reason to be proud of the work they do to serve the community.
POSITION: Health Information Management Supervisor
The candidate will be responsible for the management of Heath Information Management functions and activities (i.e. clerical, chart completion, coding, release of information, storage of all protected health information (PHI)). Is responsible for implementing effective policies and procedures and monitoring the HIM activities in all departments at both the Spicewood and Christopher House locations.
MINIMUM TRAINING, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
1. Associate degree in Health Information Management or related field required.
2. RHIA or RHIT required.
3. Three years experience in medical records required or a Bachelor’s degree in Health Information Management will substitute for experience.
4. Proficient computer skills in Windows environment including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
1. Thorough understanding of hospice regulations and billing requirements preferred.
1. Organizes the maintenance of confidential patient information.
2. Manages all of the activities and functions of the Health Information Management department.
3. Serves as HIPAA Privacy Officer, responsible for protection and privacy of PHI.
4. Ensures completion of hospice certification and recertification process.
5. Responsible for collection, verification, and transmission of accurate and timely Hospice Item Set (HIS) data.
6. Interviews, hires, disciplines, coaches, and develops HIM Staff according to established guidelines and policies.
* All staff must complete one week of orientation in our Spicewood Location. Orientation in Monday - Friday and will be paid.
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Generous PTO package
- Paid Sick leave
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program