About Us: Service minded and mission driven, employees at Hospice Austin envision a community in which people with serious illness live their final months with comfort, dignity, and peace. As one of Austin's most beloved nonprofit organizations, employees have a reason to be proud of the work they do to serve the community.
Position: Bereavement Counselor (May be able to be done remotely)
Job Duties/ Responsibilities:
· Evaluate and assess grief needs and risk factors associated with grief
· Assessment of family response to grief and loss issues
· Provides short-term individual, family and couples counseling in accordance with the plan of care.
· Makes routine bereavement calls as per policy.
· Completes required documentation as per policy.
· May assist with other support groups.
· Other duties as assigned.
· LCSW, LMSW, LPC, LPC-I, LMFT, LMFT-A required. Outside supervision required if LMSW, LPC-I or LMFT-A
· Master’s degree in psychology, social work, or counseling.
· Experience or education in grief or loss counseling.
Preferred Position Background:
· Spanish language skills strongly preferred
*All staff must complete one week of orientation in our Spicewood location. Orientation is Monday-Friday and will be paid.