About Us: Service minded and mission driven, employees at Hospice Austin envision a community in which people with serious illness live their final months with comfort, dignity, and peace. As one of Austin's most beloved nonprofit organizations, employees have a reason to be proud of the work they do to serve the community.
Hospice Austin is looking for a part time Admissions Nurse (RN) to perform the admissions process and coordinate patient care in a residential, nursing home or hospital setting. The successful candidate must be able to navigate an EMR system.
Job Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Visits patient in residential, nursing home or hospital settings;
- Performs assessments, i.e. vital signs, pain assessment, breath sounds, etc;
- Determines appropriateness for admissions;
- Completes documentation for admission to services if appropriate;
- Teaches patient and caregivers (including nursing home staff) on end of life care – e.g. disease process, death and dying, comfort measures, medication use and side effects, etc;
- Initiates Plan of Care;
- Provides psychosocial support to patients and families;
- Initiates coordination of personal care, DME, and obtaining medications and medical supplies;
- Documents in a timely manner patient assessments, patient contacts, physician orders and progress notes;
- Acts as a liaison between patient and physicians, other care team members and referral sources.
Schedule: Saturday & Sunday 9:00AM-8:00PM
Preferred Position Background:
- Graduation from an approved school of professional nursing as determined by the Board of Nurse Examiners.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse by the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners.
- Valid Texas driver's license, auto liability insurance, and safe driving record.
- CPR certification
*All staff must complete one week of orientation in our Spicewood location. Orientation is Monday-Friday and will be paid
- 1 year previous nursing experience.