No weekends, No On-call! 4 Days a Week (10 hr shifts)!
About Us: Service minded and mission driven, employees at Hospice Austin envision a community in which people with serious illness live their final months with comfort, dignity, and peace. As one of Austin's most beloved nonprofit organizations, employees have a reason to be proud of the work they do to serve the community.
- Performs initial and ongoing assessment of the impact of the terminal diagnosis on the patient's physical, functional, psychosocial , and environmental needs, activities of daily living, risk for pathological grief, cultural and spiritual implications, and verbal and non-verbal communication patterns.
- Performs nursing assessments, i.e. Vital signs, pain assessment, breath sounds, etc.
- Triages patient care problems
- Manages discomfort and provides symptom relief
- Performs specialized nursing skills related to palliative and end-of-life care
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures
- Consults with and educates the patient and caregivers(including home health staff) re: disease process, self care techniques, end of life care, death and dying, comfort measures, medication use and side effects, etc. process for dealing with ethical issues
- Coordinates all patient/family services and prioritizes needs with the members of the IDT
- Acts as a liaison between patient and physicians, hospital staff, home health staff, and other care team members to facilitate ongoing clinical care.
- Provides preparation and support for patient’s death; pronounces deaths in accordance with state regulation, provides post mortem care, handles body and death event with respect and dignity and in accordance with patient/family/caregiver wishes.
- Must be able to use an EMR
Preferred Position Background:
- Graduation from an approved school of professional nursing as determined by the Board of Nurse Examiners.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse by the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners.
- Valid Texas driver's license, auto liability insurance, and safe driving record.
SCHEDULE: 7:00am-5:30 pm (4 Days a Week)
- 1 year previous nursing experience
* All staff must complete one week of orientation in our Spicewood Location. Orientation in Monday - Friday and will be paid.
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Generous PTO package
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
Please no phone calls. Phone interviews are scheduled through email communication. Please refer to your email for applicant status.