Hospice Austin is seeking a part-time physician for 1-2 weekends a month. The candidate will have experience caring for seriously ill people. Specialties might include: Geriatrics, Hospital Medicine, Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, or Hospice and Palliative Medicine.
*This position is a contract position. The candidate will Not be a Hospice Austin or Austin Palliative Care Employee.
Schedule: 8:00am-5:00pm Saturday and Sunday with some flexibility
• Provide direct client care to hospice/palliative clients in a hospice facility.
• Provide medical aspects of care in collaboration with the Interdisciplinary Team, attending collaboration with physicians, social workers, certified nursing assistants and chaplains
• Participate in the coordination of the patient’s hospice care in accordance with professional standards of practice
MINIMUM TRAINING, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
1. Doctor of Medicine degree or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree from an accredited institution.
2. 1-3 years of applicable experience in the treatment of end of life care.
3. Demonstrated understanding of the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services requirements.
4. Experience effectively collaborating with a diverse group.