About Us: Service minded and mission driven, employees at Hospice Austin envision a community in which people with serious illness live their final months with comfort, dignity and peace. As one of Austin’s most beloved nonprofit organizations, employees have a reason to be proud of the work they do to serve the community. We are a fully vaccinated workforce.
Position: Social Worker
• Psychosocial Assessments
• Client family counseling related to end of life and other co-occurring mental health disorders
• Family mediation
• Establishing treatment plans to address symptomatology
• Offering assistance with community resources
• Communicates daily with the team regarding the patient care, with the goal of exchanging information about the patient’s condition, needs, and goal-centered plan of care to foster a holistic treatment.
MINIMUM TRAINING, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
1. Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW); Master of Social Work (MSW) degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
2. One year experience in a healthcare environment (to include volunteer and/or intern experience).
3. Valid Texas driver’s license, auto liability insurance and safe driving record.
• 1 year of Hospice, Home-Health, or Hospital Social Work
• Driver’s License
• Good Driving Record Required
• Reliable Vehicle
• Auto Insurance
- Generous PTO package
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance benefits
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
*All staff must complete one week of orientation in our Spicewood Location. Orientation is Monday-Friday and will be paid.