Mission Minded, Patient Centered. At Hospice Austin, our team members work collaboratively to provide compassionate care, services, and comfort to people with a life limiting illness. Join one of Austin’s most beloved nonprofit organizations where employees are valued and respected and enjoy making a difference while receiving excellent benefits.
Position: Full time, Monday through Friday, 8-hour shift
Hospice Austin is looking for an experienced Human Resources professional to manage employee benefits, leaves and worker’s compensation and employee relations. This individual will also be responsible for assisting with compensation review and HR policies and procedures.
Job Skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field from an accredited higher education institution.
• Minimum of three years of experience related directly to this position..
• PHR or SHRM-CP certification a plus.
• Strong knowledge of human resources laws, regulations, and best practices.
• High degree of self-awareness, critical thinking, integrity and ability to work with confidential information.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with ability to both create strong rapport with and successfully advise employees at all levels in the organization.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and coaching skills.
• Excellent collaboration, decision-making, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated capacity to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, and creativity
• Demonstrated ability to handle extensive employee relations issues and make decisions for proper disciplinary action.
• Ability navigate conflict, seeking positive, mutually beneficial outcomes.
• Reliable transportation and automobile insurance.
Full Time Benefits:
• Competitive salary
• Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Wellness Days
• Mileage reimbursement (limited local travel required)
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance benefits
• Health savings account with employer contribution
• 401(k) retirement plan with substantial company match
• Employer paid life insurance
• Employer paid short-term and long-term disability
• Employee Assistance Program
• Gym membership discounts
• Employee Referral Program
• And many other benefits
Hospice Austin is an equal opportunity employer