Sign on Bonus!
$7,500 for FT shift 8 pm to 8 am Fri/Sat/Sun
$3,500 for PT shift 8 am to 8 pm Sat/Sun
Mission Minded, Patient Centered. At Hospice Austin, our team members work collaboratively to provide compassionate care, services, and comfort to people with a life limiting illness. Join one of Austin’s most beloved nonprofit organizations where employees are valued and respected and enjoy making a difference while receiving excellent benefits.
Our Triage Nurses serves as a liaison between answering service and patients/families. Phone duties may be remote but must be available to make visits as needed to support field staff.
• Triage patient care issues and concerns via telephone.
• Coordinate and schedule patient visits, as needed.
• Manage discomfort and provide symptom relief.
• Provide education to patients and caregivers on disease process, self-care techniques, end of life care, comfort measures and medication use and side effects.
• Acts as a liaison between patient and hospice team, physicians, hospital staff, and other care team members to facilitate ongoing care.
• Provide preparation and support for patient’s death.
• Pronounce deaths in accordance with state regulation and provide postmortem care, as needed.
• Current, unrestricted Texas RN license
• CPR certification
• Current driver’s license
• One year nursing experience required; hospice or acute care experience, preferred
• Ability to work independently and as a member of the interdisciplinary team
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Proficient electronic medical record and computer skills
• Exceptional organizational and documentation skills
• Fluid ability to multi-task
• Reliable transportation and current automobile liability insurance
Full-Time Benefits: (limited benefits also available for PT)
• Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Wellness Days
• Mileage reimbursement
• Cell phone equipment and service
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Health savings account – employer contribution
• 401(k) retirement plan with substantial company match
• Employer paid life insurance
• Employer paid short-term and long-term disability
• Employee Assistance Program
• Gym membership discounts
• Employee Referral Program
• Paid orientation
• And many other benefits
Apply at www.hospiceaustin.org or call our office at (512) 342-4700 for more information.