Mission Minded, Patient Centered. At Hospice Austin, our team members work collaboratively to provide compassionate care, services, and comfort to people with a life limiting illness. Join one of Austin’s most beloved nonprofit organizations where employees are valued and respected and enjoy making a difference while receiving excellent benefits.
Position available: PRN
Job responsibilities include:
• Provide an assessment of the patient’s and family’s spiritual needs.
• Provide spiritual counseling that meets the needs of the patients and their families in a manner consistent with the beliefs and desires of the patients and families as requested.
• Facilitate visits by local clergy, a pastoral counselor or other persons who can support a patient’s spiritual needs.
• Perform last rites and/or officiate funeral and memorial services as requested by patients and/or families
• Serve as a member of the interdisciplinary team to meet the spiritual needs and wishes of the patient.
• Provide spiritual education and support as requested by patient and/or family.
• One year hospice chaplain or related chaplaincy experience.
• Knowledge of various religious beliefs, values and rituals.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Exceptional documentation skills.
• Reliable transportation and current automobile liability insurance
• Shift differential for nights or weekends
• Mileage reimbursement
• Cell phone equipment and service
• 401(k) retirement plan with company match
• Employee Assistance Program
• Gym membership discounts
• Employee Referral Program
• Paid orientation
• And many other benefits
Apply at www.hospiceaustin.org or call our office at (512) 342-4700 for more information.
Hospice Austin is an equal opportunity employer.