Mission Minded, Patient Centered. At Hospice Austin, our team members work collaboratively to provide compassionate care, services, and comfort to people with a life limiting illness. Join one of Austin’s most beloved nonprofit organizations where employees are valued and respected and enjoy making a difference while receiving excellent benefits.
$5,000.00 sign on bonus for full time new hires!
Full time position: Monday-Friday - 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
• Responsible for the day-to-day operational oversight and management of team staff that provide interdisciplinary services to patients and families.
• Provide clinical oversight, implementation and ongoing assessment of the hospice plans of care for patients and families assigned to your team to ensure compliance.
• Monitor patient/family satisfaction and serve as the point of contact to resolve any care questions for patients assigned to your team
• Serves to a mentor to team members, provide ongoing training and evaluation of team members, make field supervisory visits pursuant to regulations and as needed to ensure quality of care.
• Personnel management of team members including hiring, disciplinary actions, and annual performance evaluations.
• Maintain fiscal responsibility by ensuring costs associated with patient care operations are in line with budgetary parameters and organization policy. Ensure services are covered appropriately through the hospice benefit.
• Develop a culture of respect, compassion and teamwork, and work collaboratively with colleagues and clinical leadership.
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, BSN preferred, and current, unrestricted Texas RN license
• Current driver’s license, reliable transportation and current automobile liability insurance
• CPR certification
• One year operational and personnel management experience; three years preferred.
• Knowledge of hospice federal and state regulations and previous hospice or home health work experience preferred.
• Excellent critical thinking, communication and interpersonal skills, and sold nursing judgment, and demonstrated organizational, time management and detail oriented skills.
• Proficient electronic medical record and computer and documentation skills.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective customer relationships, including patients, families and healthcare partners.
• Ability to hold staff accountable to ensure team is compliant with federal and state regulations and agency policies and procedures.
Full Time Benefits:
• Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Wellness Days
• Mileage reimbursement
• Cell phone equipment and service
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Health savings account – employer contribution
• 401(k) retirement plan with substantial company match
• Employer paid life insurance
• Employer paid short-term and long-term disability
• Employee Assistance Program
• Gym membership discounts
• Employee Referral Program
• And many other benefits
Apply at www.hospiceaustin.org or call our office at (512) 342-4700 for more information.
Hospice Austin is an equal opportunity employer.