Mission Minded, Patient Centered. At Hospice Austin, our team members work collaboratively to provide compassionate care, services, and comfort to Mission Minded, Patient Centered. At Hospice Austin, our team members work collaboratively to provide compassionate care, services, and comfort to people with a life limiting illness. Join one of Austin’s most beloved nonprofit organizations where employees are valued and respected and enjoy making a difference while receiving excellent benefits.
• Perform psychosocial assessments and develop plan of care to address symptomatology and goals of care.
• Provide education and assistance with resources to support our patients and caregivers, i.e., programs and agencies that provide financial and other assistance with utilities, rent and nutritional needs.
• Educate and assist patients with advance healthcare directives.
• Assist patients and caregivers with end-of-life care planning.
• Serve as an integral member of the hospice interdisciplinary team and participate in interdisciplinary team meetings weekly.
• Active, unrestricted Texas license as a social worker.
• Bachelor of Social Work from an institution accredited by the Council on Social Work Education; Master of Social Work from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work, preferred
• One year experience in a healthcare setting; may include internship experience
• Ability to work independently and as a member of the care team
• Excellent customer service, communication, and organizational skills
• Proficient computer skills and professional writing skills
• Must be dependable and consistently demonstrate time-management skills
• Current drivers license and automobile liability insurance
• Reliable transportation
• Mileage reimbursement
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee Referral Program
• Paid orientation
Apply at www.hospiceaustin.org or call our office at (512) 342-4700 for more information.
Hospice Austin is an equal opportunity employer.