Sign on Bonus:
$7,500 for full-time team members
$3,750 for part-time team members
Mission Minded, Patient Centered. At Hospice Austin, our team members work collaboratively to provide compassionate care, services, and comfort to people with a life limiting illness. Join one of Austin’s most beloved nonprofit organizations where employees are valued and respected and enjoy making a difference while receiving excellent benefits.
Position: On-Call Registered Nurse; night shift; flexible shifts and hours; accepting applicants for a full time position and a part time position
• Assess patients, i.e., physical, functional, psychosocial, and environmental needs.
• Triage patient care issues and concerns.
• Manage discomfort and provide symptom relief
• Provide education to patients and caregivers on disease process, self-care techniques, end of life care, comfort measures and medication use and side effects.
• Coordinates all patient/family services and prioritizes needs with the members of the IDT
• Acts as a liaison between patient and hospice team, physicians, hospital staff, and other care team members to facilitate ongoing care.
• Pronounce deaths in accordance with state regulation and provide postmortem care.
• Current, unrestricted Texas RN license
• Current driver’s license
• CPR certification
• One year nursing experience required; hospice or acute care experience, preferred
• Ability to work independently and as a member of the interdisciplinary team
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Proficient electronic medical record and computer skills
• Exceptional organizational and documentation skills
• Reliable transportation and current automobile liability insurance
Full Time Benefits:
• Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Wellness Days
• Mileage reimbursement
• Cell phone equipment and service
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Health savings account – employer contribution
• 401(k) retirement plan with substantial company match
• Employer paid life insurance
• Employer paid short-term and long-term disability
• Employee Assistance Program
• Gym membership discounts
• Employee Referral Program
• Limited benefits for part-time team members includes, but not limited to paid time off, retirement plan company match, mileage reimbursement.
Apply at www.hospiceaustin.org or call our office at (512) 342-4700 for more information.
Hospice Austin is an equal opportunity employer.