Mission Minded, Patient Centered. At Hospice Austin, our team members work collaboratively to provide compassionate care, services, and comfort to people with a life limiting illness. Join one of Austin’s most beloved nonprofit organizations where employees are valued and respected and enjoy making a difference while receiving excellent benefits.
Position: Full time, Monday through Friday, 8-hour shift
Hospice Austin is looking for an experienced accounting specialist responsible for billing for services, posting payments, and collection of accounts receivable from Medicaid Nursing Home Room and Board and TCMAP. They are also responsible for payroll related tasks, general ledger.
Job Skills and Qualifications:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Two years of accounting office support experience in a medical environment
- Knowledge of office computer software
- Outstanding ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Valid Texas driver’s license, auto liability insurance, and safe driving record
- Knowledge of hospice federal and state regulations preferred as it relates to Medicaid billing.
- Responsible for billing for services, posting payments and collection of accounts receivable from Medicaid Nursing Home Room & Board, and TCMAP.
- Reviews deposits for accuracy, codes and enters monthly, bank deposits into General Ledger, scans checks, processes, credit cards and takes other deposits to bank
- Responsible for reconciling and complete payroll GL related process.
- Provides support for general accounting processes (general ledger, month-end close).
- Provides back-up to Accounts Payable
- Other duties as assigned.
• Competitive salary
• Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Wellness Days
• Mileage reimbursement (limited local travel required)
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance benefits
• Health savings account with employer contribution
• 401(k) retirement plan with substantial company match
• Employer paid life insurance
• Employer paid short-term and long-term disability
• Employee Assistance Program
• Gym membership discounts
• Employee Referral Program
• And many other benefits
Hospice Austin is an equal opportunity employer
Full Time Benefits:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of office computer software required including knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office products and experience with electronic medical records (EMR).
- Experience with Excel