Mission Minded, Patient Centered.
At Hospice Austin, our team members work collaboratively to provide compassionate care, services, and comfort to people with a life limiting illness. Join one of Austin’s most beloved nonprofit organizations where employees are valued and respected and enjoy making a difference while receiving excellent benefits.
Positions: FT Cook
3 Days a week; Rotating Shift 630a-630p(11 hours)
Provides high quality, cost-effective dietary services. Assists with other operational duties.
Minimum Training/Education and Experience:
- Prepares and delivers meals to patients, families and staff.
- Responsible for following dietary policies and procedures in accordance with statutory and regulatory requirements
- Takes orders and delivers meals within the policy timeframe
- Completes paperwork related to meals served
- Prepares meals according to room service orders
- Keeps kitchen in compliance with regulations.
- Maintains logs on refrigerator temperatures
- Maintains logs on dishwasher temperatures
- Keeps kitchen clean in compliance with regulations
- Washes dishes and cleans up after meal preparation
- Maintains daily, weekly & monthly cleaning logs
- Inspects inventories on regular basis to dispose of out of date food
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three months food service experience in a medical or other institutional setting, or Graduate of State Health Department Food Service Manager Certificate Program or other training program.
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in the English language.
• Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Wellness Days
• Mileage reimbursement
• Cell phone equipment and service
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Health savings account – employer contribution
• 401(k) retirement plan with substantial company match
• Employer paid life insurance
• Employer paid short-term and long-term disability
• Employee Assistance Program
• Gym membership discounts
• Employee Referral Program
• Paid orientation
Apply at www.hospiceaustin.org or call our office at (512) 539-6066 for more information.
Hospice Austin is an equal opportunity employer.